Discover university this summer.
Want to do something different this summer? Explore university with Summer Schools at UEA.
Due to popular demand, we are running two Year 10 Summer Schools. The programmes are identical, the only difference is the dates.
Year 10a - 9-11 August 2017
Year 10b - 23-25 August 2017
Get away for three days and two nights, exploring what life is like as a student at UEA in Norwich.
At our residential summer schools you'll find plenty to do. You'll get the chance to:
- Stay in student accommodation with your own bedroom and bathroom
- Experience a campus university - everything is all in one place
- Make friends
- Get involved in group activities
- Explore subjects offered at university
- Meet our university students
It's completely free!
Travel, food, accommodation and activities are paid for by UEA. There is no cost to you or your family.
Why should I go?
Not everyone knows what university is and if they'd like it. A Summer School is a great way to find out more about the options out there.
Sometimes people feel nervous about going somewhere different and meeting new people. Our student ambassadors are there to support you.
We've got a varied programme and lots to do. There are plenty of opportunities to meet new people in a safe and friendly environment.
Who's it for?
Year 10 students: it's never too early to start thinking about university. Attend a Summer School, and find out if it's somewhere you'd like to go in the future.
Places are only open to students from schools in Norfolk and Suffolk. Priority will be given to students who come from communities with little experience or tradition of going to university. For example:
- You are/were in care or;
- You are a young carer or;
- You have a disability, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty or;
- Not many people from your school or where you live go to university or;
- You would be eligible for a UEA bursary if you went on to university (household income is under £20,000).
The Year 10 Summer Schools are not open to:
- Students who attend private or independent schools - this includes those awarded bursaries or scholarships
- International students
- Students outside of Year 10
- Those who do not currently attend a Norfolk or Suffolk school.
How do I apply?
You can apply through our website. Applications are open until 12 June 2017.
We will ask you for a teachers email for reference. Please ensure that you detail your teachers email address correctly to enable us to contact them. The Year 10 Summer School is popular, so we run two. Select the date(s) you would like to attend on your application form.
Got any questions?
If you would like to ask us anything about university or the Summer School, please give us a ring on 01603 591521 or email email@example.com.