Dates for Year 10 Summer Schools coming soon!
Want to do something different this summer? Explore university with Summer Schools at the University of East Anglia, Norwich.
Dates for the Year 10 Summer Schools will be available in the near future. In the past we have had two identical programmes run on different dates so that as many of you as possible are able to attend.
Both are three days and two nights, staying on campus at the University of East Anglia, Norwich.
At our residential summer schools you'll find plenty to do. You'll get the chance to:
- Stay in student accommodation with your own bedroom and bathroom
- Experience a campus university - everything is all in one place
- Make friends
- Get involved in group activities
- Explore subjects offered at university
- Meet our university students
And it's completely free!
Travel, food, accommodation and activities are paid for by UEA. There is no cost to you or your family.
Why should I go?
Not everyone knows what university is and if they'd like it. A Summer School is a great way to find out more about the options out there.
Sometimes people feel nervous about going somewhere different and meeting new people. Our student ambassadors are there to support you.
We've got a varied programme and lots to do. There are plenty of opportunities to meet new people in a safe and friendly environment.
Who's it for?
Year 10 students: it's never too early to start thinking about university. Attend a Summer School, and find out if it's somewhere you'd like to go in the future.
Places are only open to students from schools in Norfolk and Suffolk. Priority will be given to students who come from communities with little experience or tradition of going to university. For example:
- You are/were in care or you are a young carer or;
- You have a disability, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty or;
- Not many people from your school or where you live go to university or;
- You would be eligible for the full living cost loan amount if you went on to university (household income is under £25,000).
The Year 10 Summer Schools are not open to:
- Students who attend private or independent schools - this includes those awarded bursaries or scholarships
- International students
- Students not in Year 10
- Those who do not currently attend a Norfolk or Suffolk school.
How do I apply?
You will be able to apply through our website. Opening dates and closing deadlines will be published here in the coming weeks. We will also send details through to schools, so keep an eye out for posters in the spring!
Got any questions?
If you would like to ask us anything about university or the Summer School, please give us a ring on 01603 591521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Year 10 Summer School is popular, so we run two. Select the date(s) you would like to attend on your application form.
Please send completed application forms to:
Recruitment & Outreach Office
University of East Anglia
Norwich Research Park