To take part in Preparing for Law, there are a few eligibility criteria you have to meet.
- Live in Norfolk, north Suffolk (IP postcode) or Cambridgeshire (PE postcode)
- Be currently studying for a level 3 qualification. It is expected that students will be in the first year of study and will therefore be continuing with the qualification in the 2018/19 academic year
- Have the academic capability to study law at university. Participants must demonstrate a minimum level of 5 A*-C at GCSE, including Maths and English.
Do you fit those criteria? Great. Just a couple more checks to make sure you’re eligible...
Participants must also meet at least one of the following:
- Have little or no family history of participation in higher education (i.e. university degree, HNC, HND, teacher training)
- Have been in local authority care
- Have a disability
- Be a young carer
- Have a household income for the tax year ending April 2017 of less than £25,000.
This programme is designed to support aspiring law students from areas where the number of applications is normally lower than average. Therefore, we will also consider participant’s home postcode and school(s) they attend currently or have attended previously.
If you're confident that you're eligible to apply, please complete the online application form.
Not sure if you're eligible or want more information? Please contact Kristina Garner via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone on 01603 593509.