To find out if you are eligible to apply to Medical Aspirations, please check the criteria below. If you are unsure about whether you can apply, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or call 01603 591487.
- Live in Norfolk or North Suffolk (postcode area - IP).
- Be in year 12
- Have the GCSE grades needed for one of the UEA medical courses. If students are planning on retaking GCSEs to achieve this level they are still eligible to apply but need to outline this in their application. Entry requirements can be found at www.uea.ac.uk/med
You must also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- No or little family experience of Higher Education (i.e. university degree, HND, HNC, teacher training in this country)
- Have been in Local Authority care*
- Have a household income for the previous tax year ending April 2016 of less than £25,000*
The scheme is to help aspiring medics from areas and schools where the number of applications is normally low. This means we will also consider your home postcode and school.
How do you decide who is offered a place?
We will look through all eligible applications and score them based on the above criteria. We will then select the 30 students with the highest score and offer them a place!