Since 2013-14, the Faculty of Social Sciences Graduate School has invited annual nominations for the Graduate School Prizes. These prizes celebrate excellence in teaching, the best student paper, and public engagement. The Graduate School also awards - on behalf of the Graduate Student Forum - the peer nominated prize for contribution to the PGR community.
For the academic year 2018-19 the Graduate School will be awarding the following prizes:
- Prize for Excellence in Teaching which recognises graduate students who have made a significant impact through teaching in the Faculty.
- Prize for Best Paper is awarded to the best paper published (or accepted for publication) by a graduate student in a peer review journal, edited volume, departmental working paper or conference proceedings.
- Prize for Public Engagement recognises and showcases the many ways in which the students in the social sciences increasingly engage with public audiences.
- Peer Nominated Award for Outstanding Contribution to the PGR Community recognises graduate students who have made a significant impact through their outstanding contribution to the SSF PGR Community.
All full-time and part-time postgraduate research students enrolled on a PhD, EdD or Masters by Research programme in the Faculty of Social Sciences during the 2018-19 academic year, who have completed their probationary period, are up to date with progress reports and on target to complete their degree within the prescribed period are eligible. Selection criteria and further details can be found on the nomination forms. The deadline for nominations is Thursday 23 May 2019 at 5pm.
- 2018-19 Faculty Prizes Application Form (MS Word)
- 2018-19 Peer Nominated Prize Application Form (MS Word)
The deadline for nominations is Thursday 23 May 2019 at 5pm
Completed nomination forms should be submitted by email to:
Carly Baldwin Dean
Faculty of Social Sciences Office
ARTS Building, Room 1.21