Since 2013-14, the Faculty of Social Sciences Graduate School has invited annual nominations for the Graduate School Prizes. These prizes celebrate excellence in teaching, the best student paper, and public engagement. The Graduate School also awards - on behalf of the Graduate Student Forum - the peer nominated prize for contribution to the PGR community.
For the academic year 2019-20, the Graduate School is awarding the following prizes:
• A £200 Prize for Excellence in Teaching which recognises graduate students
who have made a significant impact through teaching in the Faculty.
• A £200 Prize for Best Paper awarded to the best paper published (or accepted
for publication) by a graduate student in a peer review journal, edited
volume, departmental working paper or conference proceedings.
• A £200 Prize for Public Engagement which recognises and showcases the
many ways in which the students in the social sciences increasingly engage
with public audiences.
• A £200 Peer Nominated Award for Outstanding Contribution to the
PGR Community which recognises graduate students who have made a significant
impact through their outstanding contribution to the SSF PGR Community.
All postgraduate research students enrolled in the Faculty of Social Sciences during
the 2018-19 academic year were eligible for nomination by both staff and PGR
students. The deadline for nominations is Tuesday 30 June 2020 at 5pm.
- 2019-20 Faculty Prizes Application Form (MS Word)
- 2019-20 Peer Nominated Prize Application Form (MS Word)
The deadline for nominations is Tuesday 30 June 2020 at 5pm.
Completed nomination forms should be submitted by email to:
Faculty of Social Sciences Office