This section provides a range of resources to support practice. Some resources provide additional information that may be of help.
- Video clips
- Gillian Schofield's presentation to the UEA Court, July 2016 (film) - Helping Foster Families Provide a Secure Base for Troubled Children
Other resources are drawn directly from the Secure Base Model. These are:
- Secure base cycles PDFs
o The caregiving cycle
o Family membership
- Secure Base Model
- The Secure Base Interview
- The Secure Base Support Programme
- The Secure Base Model summary chart
- The Secure Base Developmental Checklist
- The Secure Base Progress Record
- Positive Caregiving Approaches
- Powerpoint presentations
The Secure Base model: promoting attachment and resilience
A training programme (5 sessions)
|Session One||Introduction & Availability|
|Session Five||Family Membership|
A training programme (1 session)
|Session One||Secure Base Training Programme|
Because caregivers and childcare professionals have found these ideas and resources helpful, we want to make them readily available through this website.
There are two simple conditions for their use:
- The source of the materials should be acknowledged. That is: Providing a Secure Base, Gillian Schofield and Mary Beek, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK.
- The core elements of the Secure Base Model (that is, the model itself and the cycles) should not be changed.