This section provides a range of resources to support practice. Some resources provide additional information that may be of help.
Other resources are drawn directly from the Secure Base Model. These are:
- Gillian Schofield's presentation to the UEA Court, July 2016 (film) - Helping Foster Families Provide a Secure Base for Troubled Children
- Secure base cycles PDFs
o The caregiving cycle
o Family membership
- Secure Base Model
- The Secure Base Interview
- The Secure Base Support Programme
- The Secure Base Model summary chart
- The Secure Base Developmental Checklist
- The Secure Base Progress Record
- Positive Caregiving Approaches
- Video clips
- Powerpoint presentations
Because caregivers and childcare professionals have found these ideas and resources helpful, we want to make them readily available through this website.
There are two simple conditions for their use:
- The source of the materials should be acknowledged. That is: Providing a Secure Base, Gillian Schofield and Mary Beek, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK.
- The core elements of the Secure Base Model (that is, the model itself and the cycles) should not be changed.
The Secure Base model: promoting attachment and resilience
A training programme (5 sessions)
|Session One||Introduction & Availability|
|Session Five||Family Membership|
A training programme (1 session)
|Session One||Secure Base Training Programme|