The EUCIQ team is committed to ensuring that the findings from the project have an impact beyond the academic community through presentations to practitioners and other channels.
In January 2010, the Commission President, José Manuel Barroso, observed that the project: ‘has produced the largest and richest data set on attitudes of Commission officials ever uncovered. The project's findings will help us make the Commission a more efficient and effective administration that better serves European citizens. I am also proud of the fact that we have actively assisted an independent and purely scientific study without fear of the results and with a genuine desire to learn more about the overall feelings and motivation of the people that work for this unique organisation.'
Impact activities include:
- Presentation of selected findings to a Senior Management Meeting in the European Commission by Professor Kassim on 13 September 2012
- The unique gathering of 400 top officials, which included chef de cabinets, senior managers, and heads of Commission representations, was addressed by the Commission President, José Manuel Barroso, Commission Vice President, Maroš Šefčovič, and the Secretary General of the Council, Uwe Corsepius. Professor Kassim was the opening speaker
- The presentation of provisional findings by Professors Hussein Kassim and Liesbet Hooghe to a high-level meeting of Commission officials on Wednesday 30 June 2010 and to Directors General at their weekly meeting on 1 July 2010.
- Presentation by Professor Hussein Kassim and Dr Sara Connolly at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office on 22 August 2012
- Professor Hussein Kassim has made presentations at the European Commission lunchtime seminar, and to the Secretariat General of the European Commission (with Professor John Peterson), to top management teams in seven Directorates General (with Dr Sara Connolly), and the Commission Training Network (with Dr Sara Connolly) 2009-2011.