This fascinating event at the UEA Enterprise Centre on the 28th March 2019 explored the opportunities presented by not only AI, but also the Internet of Things and technology more generally. Our panel, representing our region’s key sectors, discussed the practical applications at the front end of business.
The audience, drawn from businesses and academics from across the region, heard from Andy Stanford-Clark – CTO at IBM UK, ‘Master Inventor’, and UEA alumnus and was compered by Tim Robinson, COO at TechEast.
The panel included:
- Healthcare – Ben Meen, Project Manager at Norse Care
- Energy – Rob Bush, Operations Manager at EEEGR (East of England Energy Group)
- Finance – Owen Morris, MD at Aviva Quantum (Aviva’s Global Data Science Practice)
- Retail – Rohit Chaturvedi, Team Lead at Tech Mahindra (working with East of England Co-op)
- Water – Dr Vittoria Danino, Head of the Anglian Centre for Water Studies, Anglian Water
Also joining the panel was Prof Emma Griffin, from UEA, providing perspective from her latest project ‘Living with Machines’, set to be one of the biggest humanities and science research initiatives ever in the UK.
The event was sponsored by EIRA, a project driving growth in the East of England by connecting businesses with academic expertise, facilities & funding across 3 themes: AI, Biotech & Digital Creative.
For further information, contact: Dr Karen Smith, Relationship Manager Medical & Life Sciences and EIRA Team Manager.