The Postgraduate Research Service is responsible for supporting PGR students and their supervisors, and for the administration of research degrees, from first enquiry to the completion of your thesis. All members of staff in the PGR Service will be happy to help you with any problems or queries that may arise during the course of your studies, so please ask.
Some of the things the Service deals with are listed below:
- all aspects of postgraduate training, such as enrolment and attendance on Personal and Professional Development (PPD) programmes
- the supervisory and monitoring systems, including the Annual Progress Review
- arrangements for thesis submission and the appointment of examiners
- advice and support on all matters relating to academic progress, including concessions against the University’s regulations
- Student letters (for banks/letting agencies/sponsors, visa extensions/renewals etc)
- organising, where appropriate, the payment of student stipends
Further information on these services, as well as a number of other essential services and resources, can be found on the PGR Service webpages.