Are you interested in how other organisations and professionals like yourself deliver Telephone Triage?
Join this 20 hour interactive taster course where you will discuss with other professionals how you deliver telephone triage. This course uses the latest theories and evidence to enable health professionals to develop understanding and critically reflect on the impact of computer decision support software on their own service and individual communication with patients during triage.
With access to real-life examples of telephone triage consultations, delivered using computer decision support software, we will evaluate the risks and benefits of triage systems in supporting safe and effective triage; and to build a network of peers to share learning about telephone triage delivery
What will I learn?
- Discuss and learn how technology influences the conversation call handlers have with patients when carrying out telephone triage
- You will explore the consequences in how you ask questions to assess a patient's problem
- You will assess how information is collected and most importantly how this may affect how patients are managed and directed through healthcare
- Critically evaluate the risks and benefits of using computer decision support software to deliver telephone triage
- Begin to critically evaluate your own triage service and impact on patient care
Is this course for me?
Suitable for any professional working in a telephone triage organisation, with a specific interest in communication. Whether you are new to telephone triage and consultations or already working in a triage service this course is for you.
Hay Derkx (former Chief Medical Officer at the International Medical Call Centre and Author of publications about Telephone Triage communication) comments:
“I looked at the concept - it looks great to me with a lot of interaction, background information, examples etc”
Send us an enquiry and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can