End of Life Care in Dementia
Tuesday 10 April 2018, 9:30am - 4pm
University of East Anglia
Dementia and Complexity in Later Life
Unaccredited short course
Participants in this masterclass will gain an understanding of approaches to managing physical, psychosocial and spiritual dimensions of wellbeing at the end of life, including an exploration of Advance Care Planning, working with families and carers, anticipatory grief and bereavement.
What will I learn?
Students participating in this masterclass can expect to be able to:
- discuss individualised care, taking into account psycho-social, physical and spiritual needs
- reflect on how social relationships and communication may be affected in advanced dementia
- identify symptoms associated with end of life, including recognising and managing pain in people with dementia
- explain the need to find meaning in the life and death of the person with dementia
- explore ways of supporting the family and friends of people living with dementia
- identify ethical issues around end of life care
How will I learn?
Sarah Housden email@example.com