The University of East Anglia's first literary festival took place in 1991 and over the last twenty five years we have welcomed a host of award-winning authors, journalists, illustrators, scientists, economists, broadcasters and more.
Objectives of the literary festival are to:-
• To raise funds that will support student scholarships and bursaries;
• To bring award-winning writers to UEA and Norwich; England’s first UNESCO City of Literature;
• To showcase new and innovative writers;
• To showcase UEA alumni from the world-renowned UEA Creative Writing programme;
• To organise literary events that everyone is welcome to attend
The work of our students, alumni, faculty and visiting writers can be found on newwriting.net