University Fees and Financial Support: UK/EU Students
The University is committed to ensuring that Tuition Fees do not act as a barrier to those aspiring to come to UEA and has developed financial assistance in the form of bursaries and scholarships. Further information on some of the undergraduate bursaries and scholarships available can be found here.
University Fees and Financial Support: International Students
The University offers around £1 million of Scholarships each year to support International students in their studies. Scholarships are normally awarded to students on the basis of academic merit and are usually for the duration of the period of study.
For information on international course fees, please visit the International Student Fees webpage.
MA and MFA Funding
The MA and MFA in Creative Writing at UEA are fortunate in benefitting from a number of generous scholarships. Some of these are sponsored by our partners in the commercial realm, some are internally funded, and all are awarded on the basis of the quality of the writing sample included in your application portfolio.
- North American Bursary: full international tuition fees (Prose Fiction)
- The Annabel Abbs Scholarship (Prose)
- The Curtis Brown Prize (Prose Fiction)
- The David Higham Award (Prose)
- The John Boyne Scholarship (Prose Fiction)
- The Kowitz Scholarship (Prose)
- The Malcolm Bradbury Memorial Scholarship (Prose Fiction)
- The Seth Donaldson Memorial Trust Bursary (Prose Fiction)
- The UEA Booker Prize Foundation Scholarship (Prose Fiction)
- International Bursary: full international tuition fees (Prose Fiction)
- David Higham Crime Bursary (Crime Fiction)
- The Little, Brown Award (Crime Fiction)
- UEA Literary Festival MA Crime Fiction Scholarship (Crime Fiction)
The Faculty of Arts and Humanities at UEA is part of the CHASE AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership, which funds a number of doctoral studentships. Further information on how to apply for a CHASE PhD Studentship can be found here.