- Senior Lecturer in Physiotherapy, UEA August 2017-To date.
- Lecturer in Physiotherapy. UEA. 2005-2017
- Module organiser roles 2005- to date
- Course director of Master of clinical education 2012-2015
- Associate director of teaching and learning 2015-to date.
- Junior Rotational Physiotherapist. Addenbrookes NHS Trust Cambridge. 1997-1998.
- Junior Rotational Physiotherapist. Mid Staffordshire General Hospitals NHS Trust. 1998-1999.
- Senior II Neurology Rotation. Mid Staffordshire General Hospitals NHS Trust. 1999-2000.
- Senior I Physiotherapist in Stroke unit and Neurological rehabilitation, Mid Staffordshire General Hospitals NHS Trust. 2000-2005
2016 - Diploma in leadership and management - UEA
2013 - Doctorate in Education - UEA
2009 - Postgraduate certificate in higher education practice - UEA
2005 - MSc neurological physiotherapy - Coventry University
1997 - BSc (hons) Physiotherapy - University of Hertfordshire.
Key Research Interests
- Doctorate in Education - exploration of university students experiences of learning neurological physiotherapy.
- MSc Physiotherapy dissertation - research using mixed methodology which looked at neurological physiotherapists awareness of perceptual problems experienced by their patients.
- Clinical experience and main research interests for the future lie in the management of people who have experienced a stroke.
- 2012 Successful Annual fund bid to support MSc OT and PT Community engagement projects symposium event.
Enterprise and Engagement
- 2017 Stroke study days for care staff
- 2012 Therapeutic handling course delivered which included lecture capture and hands on practical advice on the ward.
- Current teaching is predominantly neurology-related topics covering both theoretical underpinnings and the practical physiotherapy profession specific skills on the BSc and MSc pre-registration and post-registration courses.
- Other areas of teaching include; Professional development, movement analysis and Human sciences.
- Teaching methods include; lectures, seminars, practicals, enquiry based learning, distance and blended learning using virtual learning environment.
External Activities and Indicators of Esteem
- Reviewer of stroke rehabilitation related articles for International Journal of Therapy and Rehabilitation.
- ACPIN (Association of Chartered Physiotherapists with an Interest in Neurology) member
- Associate director of teaching and learning - post-registration profile.