Requirements - 27th February - 10th March
Whole class teaching for approximately 8 hours. Focus on core subjects and some foundation subjects.
Whole class responsibility for approximately 8 hours. Ensure you gain experience teaching across the prime areas as well as specific areas of learning and development. Take responsibility for whole class continuous provision inside and outside.
Use ICT to support teaching and learning, as appropriate, across the curriculum.
Work alongside other teachers and undertake other duties within the school.
If possible, plan and deliver a guided reading or writing activity in the teaching of English this week.
Ensure you are familiar with the requirements for teaching phonics during this placement.
Placement Days 23rd January - 10th February
- Work with individuals and groups of pupils for about 2 hours daily over the practice.
- Make opportunities to observe other teachers.
- Assist CT by supervising pupils activities across the curriculum
- Teach whole class for 14 - 18 hours over this part of the practice. This should include:
- Taking responsibility for organising, managing and leading the whole class time for one/two hours daily. This includes whole class opportunities such as snack times, story time, and circle time.
- Leading some sessions across all 7 areas of learning and development.
- Plan and teach a small group activity based around an object, a book or an event that fits in with the current themes and interests. Reflect on the learning that takes place and how you might build upon it.
Teach whole class for 14 – 18 hours over this part of the practice. This should include:
- Teaching whole class (or most of the class) for one/two hours daily. Focus on core subjects.
Placement Days - 19th & 20th January
Induction by Student Support Teacher (SST) or Class Teacher (CT).
- Be linked to a class.
- Observe teachers in variety of classes and year groups in the school for about one hour daily.
- Assist CT in teaching across the curriculum and work with individuals and small groups of pupils
- Arrange to teach whole class sessions from 25 January onwards.
- Ensure observations are made in other FS classes and pre-school provision if possible.
- take some responsibility for leading some whole class activities (e.g. story time, snack time, organising continuous provision inside and outside).
- Start to immerse yourself in the children’s learning/play (e.g join in the role play), paying particular attention to cultivating learning dialogues.
General Course Documents 2016-17
These documents are provided in word format and PDF. We are currently experiencing problems with users trying to download Microsoft Word versions to an Apple device so please use the PDF format. This problem should not occur on a PC.
School B - Autumn term
School A - Spring term
Audit of requirements - PDF
School B - Summer term
Audit of requirements - PDF