We are a top tier, research-led university and are committed to making a substantial impact on the global challenges facing society. Our postgraduate researchers have opportunities to work at the heart of active research teams, challenging boundaries and making real advances.
Staff research interests in International Development include:
- Agriculture, nutrition and health
- Behavioural and experimental economics
- Climate change, adaptation and disaster risk management
- Development aid and practice
- Education, childhood and youth
- Environmental justice/indigenous rights
- Gender and inequality
- Impact evaluation
- Media and humanitarian communication
- The state, governance and conflict
- Water security
Working closely with an academic supervisor gives you the support to carry out your own independent research and make your own mark. We have a wealth of remarkable academics, but how do you know which team will be right for you?
We suggest you look at the School's website, check out some academics and read up on some of their publications. We recommend that you identify at least one member of staff at UEA who might be your supervisor and that you contact them, to express your interest and discuss your research proposal.
You will need to submit a research proposal of no more than 2000 words with your application. In addition, you must also provide a sample of work (e.g. your dissertation). Find out more on the International Development web pages.