We are a top tier, research-led university and are committed to making a substantial impact on the global challenges facing society. Our postgraduate researchers have opportunities to work at the heart of active research teams, challenging boundaries and making real advances.
Staff research interests in History include:
- British history
- European history (in particular France, Italy, Germany, Russia, the Balkans and Central Europe)
- Global history
- History of South-Asian, Japanese and Indian history
- History of the Atlantic world(s)
- History of the Middle East
- Imperial history and cultural diplomatic history
- Intellectual history and the history of political thought
- Landscape and environmental history
- Local and regional history
- Medieval history
Working closely with an academic supervisor gives you the support to carry out your own independent research and make your own mark. We have a wealth of remarkable academics, but how do you know which team will be right for you? We suggest you look at the School's website, check out some academics and read up on some of their publications.
We recommend that you identify at least one member of staff at UEA who might be your supervisor and that you contact them, to express your interest and discuss your research proposal.
You will need to submit a research proposal of no more than 1500 words with your application. Find out more on the History web pages.