Responsible business is a defining aspect of the School’s research. This involves a long term, sustainable approach to business practices that make a positive contribution to the 'triple bottom line‘: economic, social, and environmental performance. Key themes include equality, corporate governance, responsible work practices, ethical marketing, and green innovation.
Staff research interests in Business and Management include:
- Accounting, auditing, performance management, integrated and sustainability reporting
- Business regulation
- Employee systems and institutions and wellbeing
- Entrepreneurship and strategy
- Finance, corporate governance and banking and investment
- Human resource management and organisational psychology and behaviour
- Marketing, consumer behaviour and international business
- Operations, supply chain management and innovation
- Technology management, information systems and social media
Working closely with an academic supervisor gives you the support to carry out your own independent research and make your own mark. We have a wealth of remarkable academics, but how do you know which team will be right for you?
We suggest you look at the School's website, check out some academics and read up on some of their publications. We recommend that you identify at least one member of staff at UEA who might be your supervisor and that you contact them, to express your interest and discuss your research proposal. You will need to submit a research proposal of no more than 2000 words with your application.
Find out more on the Business and Management web pages.