1) Ni, Q., X. Zhai, G. Wang, and D. P. Marshall (2020) Random movement of mesoscale eddies in the global ocean, Journal of Physical Oceanography, 50, 2341-2357.
2) Zhai, X., H. L. Johnson, and D. P. Marshall (2010) Significant sink of ocean eddy-energy near western boundaries, Nature Geoscience, 3, 608-612.
3) Salman, H., J. S. Hesthaven, T. Warburton, and G. Haller (2007) Predicting transport by Lagrangian coherent structures with a high-order method, Theor. Comput. Fluid Dyn., 21, 39-58.
4) Dong, C., J. C. McWilliams, Y. Liu, and D. Chen (2014) Global heat and salt transports by eddy movement, Nature Communications, 5, 3294.
5) Abernathey, R., and G. Haller (2018) Transport by Lagrangian vortices in the Eastern Pacific, Journal of Physical Oceanography, 48, 667-685.