Music Information Retireval Evaluation eXchange (MIREX) is an annual evaluation of MIR algorithms that takes place in conjunction with the International Symposium on Music Information Retrieval (ISMIR). The goal of this contest is to compare state-of-the-art algorithms and systems relevant for Music Information Retrieval. We aim at MIREX to represent the vast and multidisciplinary field of MIR, including symbolic, audio, and other subdisciplines.
- Evaluation topics will be proposed by the participants.
- Evaluation procedures and test collections will be agreed among the participants
- Partial test data will be made available to the participants for algorithm fine tuning
- Evaluation of submitted algorithms will be performed by the MIREX organizing committee.
- Results will be presented during a poster and a panel session.
Interested individuals are encouraged to join the main MIREX mailing list. A number of other MIREX related mailing lists exist, for the planning of each individual task to be evaluated at MIREX2006, such as the MIREX 06 Audio Similarity Planning List, which is moderated by the CMP's Kris West.
The 2nd Music Information Retrieval Evaluation eXchange (MIREX2006) will take place during the 7th ISMIR Conference in British Columbia, Canada, 2006. The planning of this evaluation will be documented on the MIREX2006 wiki.
Mr. Kris West