Founded in 2000, the Tyndall Centre is a unique partnership of universities that brings together researchers from the social and natural sciences and engineering to develop sustainable responses to climate change.
With a site here at UEA, the Tyndall Centre carries out cutting-edge, interdisciplinary research, and provides a conduit between scientists and policymakers.
Cefas is an executive agency, sponsored by Defra, combining marine and freshwater science experts, working for healthy and productive oceans, seas and rivers and safe and sustainable seafood. Cefas work to safeguard human and animal health, enable food security and support marine economies. They provide the evidence and advice needed to help the UK meet its commitments to the global environment.
Suppliers of water and wastewater to over six million customers, Anglian Water collaborates with UEA on a variety of projects. We bring industry application and academic rigour together to inform policy, drive new thinking and address major issues regarding the sustainable use of water.
Based at Norwich Research Park, TSL is a world-leading research institute that focuses on the science of plant-microbe interactions. TSL has developed an enviable reputation for the quality of its fundamental scientific research and commitment to delivering science solutions that reduce global crop losses to important diseases
An independent, international centre of excellence in plant science, genetics and microbiology, the John Innes Centre is based at Norwich Research Park. The centre fosters a creative, curiosity-driven approach to fundamental questions in bioscience with a view to translating that into societal benefits.
Research focused, the Earlham Institute explores living systems by applying computational science and biotechnology to answer ambitious biological questions and generate enabling resources. The Earlham Institute is based at Norwich Research Park.
Climatic Research Unit (CRU)
Pioneers of climate change research, the CRU was created in 1972 to improve scientific understanding of the climate system and its interactions with society.
This leading centre at UEA is renowned across the world for monitoring, understanding and predicting our changing climate. Through developing a widely-used global temperature record, researchers at CRU demonstrated that humans have changed our climate on a global scale.
- Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research
- The Centre for Social and Economic Research on the Global Environment (CSERGE)
- Collaborative Centre for Sustainable Use of the Seas (CCSUS)
- Centre for Climate Change and Social Transformations (CAST)
- UEA Water Security Research Centre
- Weybourne Atmospheric Observatory (WAO)
- The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts
- Research Group Member, Gender
- Research Group, Climate Change
- Research Group, Creative Writing Research Group
- Research Group, Innovation, Technology and Operations Management
- Research Centre, Centre for Competition Policy
- Research Group, Environment, Resources and Conflict
- Research Centre, Centre for Ecology, Evolution and Conservation
- Research Group Environmental Biology
- Research Group, Centre for Ocean and Atmospheric Sciences
- Research Group, Science, Society and Sustainability (3S) Group
- Research Group Member, Global Environmental Justice
- Research Group Member, Health and Disease
- Research Group Member, Life Course, Migration and Wellbeing
- Research Group, Epidemiology and Public Health
- Research Group, Migration Research Network
- Research Group, Policy & Politics
- Research Group Member, Literacy and Development Group