Funding and awards for starting a commercial venture or social enterprise Funding and awards for starting a commercial venture or social enterprise

www.norfolkfoundation.com/funds/norwich-4-new-enterprise/ - Applications are invited for grants of up to £5,000 from organisations (businesses and social enterprises) who are finding that a lack of financial support is restricting their capability to grow their businesses or who have demonstrated successful trading to date and are seeking financial support to grow or diversify their operations.

www.newanglia.co.uk/micro-grant-scheme/ - Small and medium sized-businesses in Norfolk and Suffolk are being invited to apply for a share of £1.5m of EU funding to help them expand and grow. The Micro Grant Scheme provides grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 to help growing businesses to introduce new products and services or to become more productive or efficient. The grant can pay up to 20% of the total project costs with the remaining 80% to be sourced by the business.

www.findinvestgrow.com - FIG works with young entrepreneurs, specifically undergraduates and graduates of the past five years, to help them crystallise their ideas, develop them into a business plan and introduce them to suitable investors.

www.crowdfunder.co.uk - Crowdfunding is an alternative means of funding that allows individuals to take their ideas forward and make them a reality.

www.kickstarter.com - The home for everything from films, games, and music to art, design, and technology. Kickstarter is full of projects, big and small, that are brought to life through the direct support of people like you.

www.Shell-livewire.org - The Shell LiveWIRE programme offers free online business advice and start-up awards of £1,000 and £10,000 funding to young entrepreneurs in the UK.

www.schoolforstartups.co.uk - School for Startups is now providing business start-up loans of up to £9,900 for entrepreneurs aged 18 (or over) to get their business off the ground.

www.angelsden.com - Crowdfunding, networking and events.

www.tself.org.uk - The Social Enterprise Loan Fund.

www.unltd.org.uk - UnLtd supports social entrepreneurs in the UK and offers the largest such network in the world. UnLtd resources hundreds of individuals each year through its core Awards programme.