The “Enabling Innovation: Research to Application” scheme aims to support the development of businesses in the East of England.
Artificial intelligence, biotechnology, and digital creative are the key focus for EIRA with the network allowing businesses to access both expertise and specialist facilities.
Our group of EIRA network institutions include: University of East Anglia, University of Essex, University of Kent, University of Suffolk, Norwich University of the Arts, Writtle University College and Harlow College.
What you could win
EIRA are helping to support innovative early-stage ventures. This is your chance to receive up to £3,000 of funding for your start-up business or organisation.
What you need to do
In the first round you will need to complete an application form and a 3 minute video.
The written application is to include:
- Your Business, its aims and objectives
- What problem are you solving?
- How much EIRA microfinance funding do you need?
- What will you use the funding for?
- What do you expect to happen as a result of the funding?
- Why is this important for your business?
- Who are your competitors?
- Who else is involved in your work?
- What other help might you need?
- How will you grow your business further
You will also need to produce a 3-minute video giving an introduction to your business/idea, and explaining what the funding will allow you to do.
The final round
For those ideas shortlisted, you will have a face-to-face pitch presentation in front of a review panel, which comprises of different institutions from the EIRA network on Wednesday 31 July 2019.
We know from previous funding rounds and competitions that your applications are much more likely to successful if you have engaged with the support offered by the student enterprise team. We suggest you book a meeting ASAP to discuss your application with the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01603 592142
- All applicants must be students or alumni who have officially graduated within 3 years of the date of submission from an EIRA institution.
- Applicants can be individuals or groups.
- Throughout the process applicants must be legally residing in the UK.
- All businesses need to be registered with a business bank account by the time of funding pay out.
- Artificial intelligence, biotechnology, and digital creative will be the main areas of focus in case of large application volumes; however any industries are welcome to apply.
- This fund is not eligible for Tier 4 students.
- Applications must be submitted by midnight on Sunday 30th June 2019 to email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply now using this application form.
For more information, read these terms and conditions.