- Prize: a trip to a UK vineyard and a Naked Wines mentor for 6 months
- Challenge: create a video pitch of your idea to help Naked Wines
- Deadline for submissions: 1 December 2017
Who are Naked?
Naked Wines was launched in December 2008 when 12 friends decided to quit their jobs in the middle of the recession to start their own wine business.
“We knew the wine industry was full of age-old practices, snobbery, middle-men and protectionist laws - so we made it our mission to do the opposite”.
They set-out to create a 'Naked' model that:
- Offered UK wine drinkers better value for money
- Independent winemakers a fair, profitable route to market.
How? By stripping away all the costs you can't taste in a bottle of wine (like agent's fees and over-the-top packaging) and inviting customers to invest in their wines upfront.
What is Shark Tank?
Shark tank was an idea developed to encourage staff at Naked Wines to pitch ideas on how the company could improve. Find out more by taking a peek at our overview presentation (ppt).
So what is the competition about?
Naked are opening up the Shark Tank model, so this is your chance to come up with a ground-breaking idea that will help:
- Recruit new customers
- Develop loyalty with existing customers
- Make a difference (innovation)
- Recruit top talent into the business
- Don’t worry if we’re already doing it, you might suggest a way we can do it better.
How do I enter?
We want you to come up with an idea and then pitch it to the company via a video pitch. The completion deadline is 1 December 2016.
Send your 3-minute video pitch to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s in it for you?
Win a trip to a UK vineyard and a Naked Wines mentor for 6 months.
Idea creation top tips:
- Ask for help
- Start with things that bug you
- Tap your interests and passions
- Get out and about
- Examine old mousetraps – then build a better one
- Do your research, ask questions…
- Sleep on it
- Check out the internet.
Video Pitches top tips:
- Create a headline
- THREE reasons why
- Prove it!!
- Call to action (e.g. vote for me)
- Avoid distractions.