Shell LiveWIRE Awards
Each month, the Shell LiveWIRE Smarter Future programme awards a start-up grant of £5,000 to a young entrepreneur looking to implement an idea that will help meet the needs of our growing population. Winners also have access to exclusive Shell events and workshops and the opportunity to be considered for the annual £25,000 Shell LiveWIRE Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award. Find out more about the programme on the Shell LiveWIRE website.
App Development Competition 2019
Got a Killer Idea That Needs an App?
- Have you got an idea for a new business that needs an app, but not got the technical skills to do it yourself or the money to pay a professional company?
- Maybe you’ve thought of a digital tool that could help people, the planet or simply your student community?
- Could an app help your research reach a wider audience, engage external partners, or capture data for your project?
If you are the lucky winner you will be given a package of support to help develop your app as a prototype:
- A dedicated technical team staffed by students and a post graduate lead
- Input from industry experts
- Support from a lead academic from CMP
The development team will work on the winning idea over a 13 week period in the Summer of 2019. You will be involved throughout the project, attending regular meetings with the team.
Find out more
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
How do I apply?
Along with your general idea for an app, you will need to be able to identify who the potential audience is and whether anything similar is already available.
Applications open on 6 November 2018
Deadline: 21 December 2018