The Careers Service at CareerCentral has a well stocked library of careers related information used to help inform career choice and to secure employment or further study opportunities.
Resources in a number of formats such as books, journals, leaflets, multimedia and promotional material, including:
- Paper information on most occupations and sectors (both for reference and take away).
- Prospectuses, grant directories and advice on postgraduate study
- Books on working or studying abroad
- Labour market information, reports and surveys
- Books and pamphlets on writing CVs and applications
- Information about interviews and selection tests
Websites managed either completely or partially by Careers Service staff include:
- UEA Careers Service
- Employability Vacancy Service website promotes a wide range of job and volunteering opportunities to students at UEA. These include part-time jobs on and off campus, work experience placements and internships and volunteering opportunities. It is being merged with other data to include graduate jobs and schemes, and other ways of getting involved with the student experience. It is also being developed to host Graduate Destinations data for staff, students and prospective students.
- Blackboard employability modules tailored for each school and CV Builder to help students collate their experience into a meaningful CV.
- RS Connections (resource for UEA research staff)
- Careers Resources online portal full of information and advice tools, tutorials and international job search.