The Careers Service at CareerCentral works closely with the Alumni Office to establish and maintain contacts with our graduates in furthering the employability of our students.
If you're contemplating an alumni event or case study campaign, we strongly suggest you work with us and the Alumni Office in order to:
- Comply with data protection legislation
- Avoid contacting deceased or unwilling alumni
- Use only the latest contact data
- Target your campaign
- Ensure the alumni record is maintained
- Learn from the experience of other departments
Welcoming alumni back to meet current students can be a great way of motivating and informing the current cohort whilst engaging with our graduates in mutually rewardingly relationships and fostering genuine partnerships. We run a large number of employer events each year, many of which are with UEA alumni. If you wish to run an alumni careers event please contact the Careers Adviser for your Faculty.
Career Case Studies
In addition to the data we collect as part of our Destinations and periodic Alumni Surveys, we are now gathering an archive of Career Case Studies, both text and video, to provide the University with a powerful resource for both careers education and marketing purposes. If you're contemplating gathering such data for your school, do get in touch as by working together we can:
- Avoid duplication
- Ensure that data is kept securely and shared safely
- Answer agreed questions which will be of use to multiple departments
- Develop long-term strategies to maintain data
- Keep costs low