We are experienced medical educators, with a mixed background in clinical medicine, public health and science.
We offer a range of mentoring services to develop individuals' teaching skills in undergraduate and postgraduate clinical education:
- Observation of your teaching, with personalised verbal and written feedback
- Half-day workshops
- Online tutorials
The course will be taught by the following tutors -
- Dr Veena C Rodrigues MBBS, MD, MPhil, FFPH, M Clin Ed
- Dr Dominique Hubble MBBS, MRCGP, MHM, FHEA
- Dr Barbara Jennings BSc, PhD, PG Cert, HEP
Dates to be confirmed.
In this workshop we will explore three aspects of clinical teaching:
- Developing a lesson plan: Exploring the rationale behind developing a lesson plan and learning how to develop one for a planned teaching session.
- Large group teaching: The place of the lecture or plenary session in clinical education. The session will introduce educational theory alongside practical guidance for the delivery of successful large group teaching.
- Small group teaching: How small groups are used in clinical education, with an emphasis on the skills and attributes of effective tutors and students, including facilitation skills.
Book a place:
If you are interested in attending the next course please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any enquires please feel free to email us, or ring directly on +44 (0)1603 591610.