UEA BROADVIEW LODGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Any variation to these standard terms and conditions must be agreed in writing with UEA Broadview Lodge.
a) For the purposes of this document, the term Client refers to the person(s) for whom UEA Broadview Lodge has agreed to provide accommodation, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
b) UEA Broadview Lodge reserves the right to refuse any application to make a reservation without stating its reasons for such refusal.
c) Accommodation booked at UEA Broadview Lodge will not be available for occupancy earlier than 14.00 hours on the day of arrival. Check-out time is no later than 10.00 hours on the day of departure. UEA Broadview Lodge offers a late check-out facility, subject to availability, at a cost of £10.00 to extend the check-out time to 12.00 hours. No change may be made to these arrangements unless agreed with UEA Broadview Lodge in advance. In the absence of such agreement, a supplementary charge will be made in respect to late check-outs.
d) No use may be made of the name of UEA Broadview Lodge in any promotional material produced by the Client, except to identify the hired premises, without prior permission in writing.
e) UEA Broadview Lodge does not allow any animals apart from assistance animals e.g. guide dogs, hearing dogs etc.
f) The Client shall not transfer the benefit of this agreement, or any part of it, without the prior permission of UEA Broadview Lodge.
a) Bookings may be made either by telephone, email, online or in person at UEA Broadview Lodge reception.
b) Where discounted rates are agreed for the booking, the Client will be asked to pay the full balance on the account upon booking, unless otherwise agreed, and this payment is non-refundable.
c) Bookings will be confirmed to the Client by email or by post if requested. On receipt of the booking confirmation, the details should be checked, and any amendments or errors should be reported to UEA Broadview Lodge as soon as possible.
d) The names of all guests should be provided before arrival.
e) UEA Broadview Lodge Reception opening hours are as follows: Sunday to Friday: 08.00 – 21.00 and Saturday: 08.00 – 18.00. If arriving outside of Reception opening hours, keys may be collected from the Security Control Room (green door) located opposite Congregation Hall.
f) All provisional bookings will be released after 72 hours or 12 noon on the day before arrival (whichever is sooner) if confirmation has not been received by UEA Broadview Lodge.
a) UEA Broadview Lodge’s scale of charges is set out in a separate document. If the rate of VAT changes, UEA Broadview Lodge reserves the right to charge at the applicable rate at the time of arrival.
b) All bookings will be charged VAT except those that are exempt.
c) UEA Broadview Lodge’s usual procedure is to submit a single account for all delegates for whom the Client has made a group reservation. Individual accounts cannot normally be offered.
d) If claiming educational student rates, proof that the Client is a UEA student will be asked for on arrival. Failure to produce this will result in full charges being applied.
4. GROUP BOOKINGS
If the Client is booking four or more rooms for the same night, then UEA Broadview Lodge will treat this as a Group Booking. In the event of a group booking, the following additional terms also apply:
If the Client books book 14 days or less before the scheduled date of arrival, the Client must pay in full on booking.
If the Client books more than 14 days before the scheduled date of arrival, a 10% deposit must be paid. The Client must settle any balance at least 14 days before the scheduled date of arrival. The booking may be cancelled by UEA Broadview Lodge if the Client does not make payment when it is due, and the deposit will not be refunded.
If the Client wishes to cancel the whole or part of a confirmed booking, cancellation must be communicated to the University in writing in all instances. Cancellations will only be effective from the date on which the University receives written intimation of the cancellation.
Should the Client cancel the event then cancellation charges shall be calculated on the booking or part of booking cancelled as follows (periods being calculated to the day or as appropriate the first day of any event):
More than twenty-six weeks prior to the event - 15% of the event contracted value
Less than twenty-six weeks but more than thirteen weeks prior to the event - 35% of the contracted value.
Less than thirteen weeks but more than four weeks prior to the event - 50% of the contracted value
Less than four weeks but more than 2 weeks prior to the event - 75 % of the contracted value
Less than two weeks prior to the event 100% of the contracted value
The University will refund any part of the cancellation charges that it is able to recover from reselling the facilities that have been cancelled (once payment for the re-sale has been received). Any additional costs incurred in re-selling the facilities will be deducted from this
a) Payment for the duration of the booking will be asked for on booking, except where other arrangements have been agreed with UEA Broadview Lodge.
b) Payment by Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Solo, Delta and Connect is accepted. We do not accept American Express.
c) Unfortunately, we now operate a cashless system.
d) For companies with approved credit facilities with UEA Broadview Lodge, arrangements can be made to invoice the company for payment of the accommodation. In these instances, a confirmation on company headed paper authorising the charge of the accommodation to the account will be required at the time of booking. If receipt of the fax has not been received by the time the Client checks in, direct payment will be asked for.
e) It is our policy to delete all card details upon payment. For your protection Broadview Lodge will not store card details at any point.
6. CANCELLATION BY THE CLIENT
a) Cancellation on all individual bookings is strictly by 12 noon on the day before arrival.
b) Where the Client has received a discounted rate, which is payable on booking, no refund is offered.
c) All cancellations should be received by UEA Broadview Lodge by the appropriate cancellation deadline.
d) UEA Broadview Lodge reserves the right to cancel any agreed discount if the cancellation means that the terms of the discount are not fulfilled.
7. CANCELLATION BY UEA BROADVIEW LODGE
UEA Broadview Lodge offers the following support in the event of a Client’s booking being cancelled: If the Client’s booking is cancelled less than 24 hours before the specified arrival date, UEA Broadview Lodge will provide a list of alternative accommodation and will, if requested by the Client, make a booking from this list on behalf of the Client. Under such circumstances, the Client will become directly responsible for any obligations under the new booking.
BROADVIEW LODGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (COVID-19 PANDEMIC SUPPLEMENT)
The purpose of these additional Terms and Conditions is to keep you, your fellow guests and our staff as safe as possible during the current international pandemic and to comply with additional guidance and requirements put in place by the UK Government during this time.
1. UEA Broadview Lodge reserves the right to refuse to make a reservation if there is a chance that the home country may be added to the UK Government list of countries requiring visitors to quarantine due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. Accommodation booked at UEA Broadview Lodge will not be available for occupancy for guests who have a reservation but have travelled to UEA Broadview Lodge AFTER their Home Country has been added to the list of countries requiring visitors to self-isolate due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Broadview Lodge cannot take responsibility to find or locate alternative accommodation for such guests.
3. It is the responsibility of all guests to ensure they adhere to UK Government’s self-isolation requirements. A List of countries, territories and regions from where you can travel to England and may not have to self-isolate can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-travel-corridors
If in any doubt, please check this list before travelling to the UK
4. Where discounted rates are agreed for the booking, the Client will be asked to pay the full balance on the account upon booking, unless otherwise agreed, and this payment is refundable only if cancellation is due in any way to the COVID-19 pandemic.
5. UEA Broadview Lodge Reception opening hours are subject to change and currently reduced. In the event of any query, please go to the Security office on campus.
6. UEA Broadview Lodge’s scale of charges is set out in a separate document. When the rate of VAT changed to 5% this was reflected in our pricing.
7. Payment for reservations may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, Solo, Delta or Connect. We are sorry but we do not accept American Express.
8. To help reduce the risk of passing on COVID-19 to our customers or staff, we no longer accept cash payments.
9. We ask that guests wishing to cancel individual bookings please do so by 12 noon on the day before arrival where possible.
10. Please to not travel to the UEA campus if you are feeling any of the symptoms of Covid-19.
11. We regret that our Broadview Lodge accommodation is not suitable for self-isolation for those with C-19 symptoms and cannot accept such bookings.
12. Please notify us if you, or any member of your party is self-isolating or displaying COVID-19 Symptoms. In any event, Broadview Lodge reserves the right to cancel any reservations.
13. If a guest is displaying signs of COVID-19 while staying in Broadview Lodge, they should inform reception by email, immediately self-isolate where they are to minimize any risk of transmission and request a test. There is a fact sheet displayed within the BVL Room detailing the procedure to be followed.
If they are confirmed to have COVID-19, They should return home if they reasonably can. They should use private transport but only drive themselves if they can do so safely if a guest cannot reasonably return home ( for example because they are not well enough to travel or do not have the means to arrange transport ) their circumstances should be discussed with an appropriate healthcare professional and , if necessary the local authority.
14. Please ensure that when you arrive to Broadview Lodge you ‘check in ‘using the track and trace QR Code located in reception.
15. Please be aware that it is mandatory for guests to wear face coverings in all public areas of Broadview Lodge.
16. Please observe a distance of 2 metres at all times you are in the communal areas of Broadview Lodge.