UEA researchers on highly cited list
Ten Norwich Research Park researchers have been named in the top 1% of the world’s most highly cited researchers, with five of them from the University of East Anglia (UEA).
The annual Highly Cited Researchers 2018 List identifies influential researchers who have demonstrated significant global influence through publication of multiple highly cited papers in the last decade.
The UEA professors named in the list are:
· Prof Phil Jones; Professorial Fellow, School of Environmental Sciences
· Prof Yaroslav Khimyak; Professor in Solid-State Nulear Magnetic Resonance, School of Pharmacy
· Prof Corinne Le Quéré; Professor of Climate Change Science and Policy and Director of the Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research
· Prof David Livermore; Professor in Medical Microbiology, Norwich Medical School
· Prof Carlos Peres; Professor of Environmental Sciences, School of Environmental Sciences
This is the fifth Highly Cited Researchers List and UEA have risen this year from three named in the list in 2017.
Researchers were selected for their exceptional performance in one or more of 21 fields, with the 2018 analysis using papers that were published and cited between 2006 and 2016.
Professor David Richardson, UEA Vice-Chancellor, said: “This great achievement demonstrates UEA’s world-leading research excellence in the fields of both climate science and health. I am delighted that, together with our partners across Norwich Research Park, this leading position for research citations confirms Norwich’s national and global influence.”
Norwich’s total of ten researchers on the list, with the other five coming from The Sainsbury Laboratory, put it in the top ten cities in the UK for Highly Cited Researchers.Tweet