how to apply how to apply

Please read the International Summer School 2015 Terms and Conditions before submitting an online application.

What supporting information is required?

The following information should be uploaded with your online application form or as soon as possible after submission*:

  • Academic transcripts
  • Proof of English Language proficiency
  • Photograph page of passport

*Gifted and Talented 17 year old students will need to supply additional supporting documents. See our Eligibility page for detailed information regarding entry requirements.

What happens next?

We will respond to all submitted applications within two weeks of online submission. We may need to request further supporting documents or references, and these must be supplied by email as soon as possible. Once we have all of the required information your application will be assessed and you will be notified of the outcome by email.

If you have been successful you will be sent a link to officially accept your offer. Once you have accepted your place a deposit invoice will be sent to you. This needs to be paid within two weeks in order to secure your place on your chosen module. A balance invoice will follow shortly afterwards.

Please do not make any travel arrangements or payments until your application has been assessed and a formal offer has been issued.

Before you accept your offer please make yourself aware of visa regulations for your home country and if necessary apply for the required paperwork within the allocated time period.

Visa Information

For students aged 18 and over a Student Visitor visa is required for Nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland who are studying at a short academic programme in the UK. Students from visa national countries who enter the UK for less than 6 months' study can obtain a student visitor visa at customs on arrival to the UK or through an application process prior to departure from their home country. Students from non-visa national countries must apply for and receive a Student Visitor visa before departing from their home country.

Students aged 17 from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland will need to apply for a Child Visitor visa. Students must apply for this visa type before they leave their home country.

To check if students need to apply for a visa to study in the UK use this official Government tool.

How do I officially register as a University of East Anglia student?

Once you have accepted your offer of a place on the International Summer School 2015 you will be sent regular communications via email. It is important to regularly check your mail and inform the International Summer School office if your details change.

Around one month before the start of the programme you will be sent an email which will contain instructions regarding registering as a student, and how to upload a photograph for your campus card. This process must be completed before you arrive on campus.

During the Arrivals and Orientation programme that will take place when you arrive on campus, your passport will be checked by our Visa Compliance team and then you will be officially marked as a UEA student. You will then be provided with a campus card to gain access to buildings such as the library and willalso be able to access the University's computer network and information.