How do we talk about the Impossible?
UEA's brand new Philosophy e-book provides short and accessible answers to the big questions facing anyone interested in understanding the world around them.
The book draws on the latest academic research, and provides an excellent introduction for students thinking of studying Philosophy at university. Download the book here!
Table of contents
- Can philosophy be practised as a science? By Dr Eugen Fischer
- How can a film be philosophy? By Dr Silvia Panizza
- DEBATE 1: Will we ever be ruled by robots?
- How do we talk about the impossible? By Prof. John Collins
- Does nature have its own value? By Dr Tom Greaves
- DEBATE 2: Should we eat animals?
- What is goodness? By Dr Oskari Kuusela
- Are some risks too big to take? By Dr Rupert Read
- DEBATE 3: Should we be ruled by philosopher-monarchs?
- How large is infinity? By Dr Davide Rizza