Professor Bill Fraser was born and educated in Glasgow, graduating from Glasgow University with BSc (Hons) MBChB and MD (Hons). He trained in Glasgow’s teaching hospitals before spending time as a consultant/travelling fellow in Canada.
Bill Fraser supervises a very active research group investigating the diagnosis and treatment of metabolic bone disease including osteoporosis and Paget’s Disease of bone. He is on the Editorial Board of several journals, a Director of the Supra Regional Assay Service for bone metabolism and calcium homeostasis, and a Medical Advisor to the National Osteoporosis Society. He was a recent recipient of the ACB Foundation Award and presenter of the John Ireland Lecture.
Royal Liverpool University Hospital
- 1991 appointed Senior Lecturer in Chemical Pathology and Head of the Metabolic Bone Disease Unit
- 1998 promoted to Reader
- 2001 Professor
- 2008 Head of the Unit of Clinical Chemistry
- August 2008 appointed Director of the Masters in Research for Clinical Science
- 2010 Head of Department of Musculoskeletal Biology
Norwich Medical School, University of East Anglia
- May 2011 Professor of Medicine