|Senior Research Associate||
Jamie dot Murdoch at uea dot ac dot uk
Tel: +44 (0)1603 59 7090
|Edith Cavell Building 2.12|
· Organisation and implementation of urgent and emergency health services
· How design of healthcare organisations impact on communication and flow of information across healthcare settings
· Use of discursive and ethnographic methodologies to study communication
· Medicine-taking and illness management
· Murdoch, J., Salter, C., Cross, J., Poland, F. (forthcoming, March 2013) Resisting Medications: Moral Discourses and Performances in Illness Narratives. Sociology of Health & Illness, 35 (3), Early view: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/%28ISSN%291467-9566/earlyview
· Murdoch, J., Poland, F., & Salter, C. (2010). Interactional contexts in a data-sharing focus group. Qualitative Health Research, 20, 582-594.
· Smith, J.R., Noble, M.J., Musgrave, S., Murdoch, J., Price, G., Barton, G. et al., (2012) The At-Risk Registers in Severe Asthma (ARRISA) Study: a cluster-randomised controlled trial examining effectiveness and costs in primary care. Thorax, 67, pp.1052–1060, ISSN 0040-6376.
· Price, D, Musgrave, S, Shepstone, L, Hillier, E, Sims, E, Gilbert, R, Juniper, E, Ayres, J, Kemp, L, Blyth, A, Wilson, E, Wolfe, S, Freeman, D, Mugford, M, Murdoch, J. and Harvey, I. (2011) Leukotriene antagonists as first-line or add-on asthma controller therapy. The New England Journal of Medicine, 364 (18), pp. 1695-1707. ISSN 0028-4793.
· Wilson, E.C.F., Price, D., Musgrave, S.D., Sims, E.J. Shepstone, L., Murdoch, J. Mugford, H.M. Blyth, A. Juniper, E.F., Ayres, J.G., Wolfe, S., Freeman, D., Gilbert, R.F.T., Hillyer, E.V. & Harvey, I. (2010). Cost Effectiveness of Leukotriene Receptor Antagonists versus Long-Acting Beta-2 Agonists as Add-On Therapy to Inhaled Corticosteroids for Asthma: A Pragmatic Trial, Pharmacoeconomics, 28 (7): 597-608.
· Wilson, E.C.F., Sims, E.J., Musgrave, S.D., Shepstone, L., Blyth, A., Murdoch, J., Mugford, H.M., Juniper, E.F., Ayres, J.G., Wolfe, S., Freeman, D., Gilbert, R.F.T., Harvey, I. Hillyer, E.V., Price, D. (2010). Cost-effectiveness of leukotriene receptor antagonists versus inhaled corticosteroids for initial asthma controller therapy: a pragmatic trial, Pharmacoeconomics, 28 (7): 585-95.
· Price, D., Musgrave, S.D., Wilson, E.C.F., Sims, E.J., Shepstone, L., Blyth, A., Murdoch, J., Mugford, H.M., Juniper, E.F., Ayres, J.G., Wolfe, S., Freeman, D., Lipp, A., Gilbert, R.F.T., Harvey, I. (in press). A pragmatic single-blind RCT and economic evaluation of the use of leukotriene receptor antagonists in primary care at steps two and three of the national asthma guidelines. HTA monograph series.
· Rechel, B, Murdoch, J, Collis, A, Houghton, J and Holland, R. (2010) Investigation of Health Care Needs for Migrant Families with Children in Thetford. Research Report. Report to NHS Norfolk.
· Rechel, B, Murdoch, J, Last, K, Reading, R, Houghton, J and Holland, R. (2010) Health Care Needs Assessment for Children and Young People with Complex Needs in Thetford. Research Report. Report to NHS Norfolk
· Rechel, B, Houghton, J, Murdoch, J, Ward, S and Holland, R. (2010) Community Health Needs Assessment for Thetford Healthy Town. Research Report. Report to NHS Norfolk.
I conduct the following teaching sessions as part of my current role:
· FMH Personal & Professional Development programme (PPD) for post-graduates.
I conduct PPD seminars on mixed methods and Good Clinical Practice.
· FMH MSc Further Qualitative Research Methods: ‘Considering Ethics in
· FMH Inter-professional practice: IPL1, IPL2. Scheduled: IPL3, IPL4.
· Nursing Programme Lectures: Module 1: ‘How to read a paper for ethics
and quality’; Module 2, ‘My research story’, ‘Searching Medline and
Using Endnote’; Module for Long-term conditions: ‘Social Identities of
Health and Illness’; Return to Practice: ‘Using research in academic work’.
Send this page to your mobile phone by scanning this code using a 2D barcode (QR Code) reader. These can be installed on most modern Smart Phones.