Transforming the Service (Level 7)
Wednesday 17 January 2018 - Wednesday 11 July 2018
Nursing, Medicine, Midwifery, Allied Health Professionals, Ambulance Service, Operating Department, Psychology, Health and Social Care
Leadership, Service Improvement and Innovation
This module provides the opportunity for practitioners to complete a substantial project and to examine and evaluate its impact or likely impact on care provision and the patient experience. This module offers student further opportunity to develop:
• Engagement of staff, service users & carers and other agencies and disciplines to inform service review and development
• Resourcefulness and creativity in problem-solving and solution finding
• Ways to motivate staff and promote resilience
• Expertise in facilitating transformation & leading change
• Evaluation of the impact of service transformation on patient safety and the quality of the patient experience
• Ability to communicate the case for change and to disseminate good practice
Is this course for me?
5th in a suite of core modules for the MA Leading Innovation for Clinical Practitioners programme.
What will I learn?
By the end of the module, students will demonstrate:
*proficiency in drawing out the views and contributions of others to inform service review and improvement.
*Evidence-based planning to support service/organisational goals and strategy.
*Critical appraisal of risk and benefits when managing/developing services.
*Proficiency in finding, appraising and applying evidence to inform service delivery, planning, review and evaluation
*Effective contribution to quality assurance and improvement processes including clinical audit.
*Effective and efficient management of available and planned resources.
*Resourcefulness in finding effective and creative solutions to problems.
*Critically analyse risks/benefits to ensure and enhance patient safety.
*Identify and exploit opportunities to develop and improve services.
*Effective facilitation of change process to improve and transform care delivery and enhance the patient experience
*Effective decision making.
*Proficiency in contributing to service review and evaluation.
How will I learn?
Face to Face
17 January 2018
* Please be advised that course dates and timings may change
Jackie Phipps Jacqueline.Phipps@uea.ac.uk