Supervision in the Workplace
Nursing, Medicine, Midwifery, Allied Health Professionals, Ambulance Service, Operating Department, Health and Social Care
Leadership, Service Improvement and Innovation
Unaccredited Short Course
Course content Includes:
- Giving and receiving supervision in the workplace
- Definitions of mentoring, management and supervision of students and staff
- What is supervision
- Difficult conversations and giving feedback
- Asking questions and identifying how to use questions in supervision
- Assertiveness skills and techniques
- Action planning for follow up after the study day.
What will I learn?
- Describe the difference between mentoring and superivision
- Articulate the importance of effective supervision and performance management to meet QIPP outcomes
- Discuss features of good and poor supervision
- Identify their own strengths and weaknesses as a supervisor
- Identify ways to manage difficult conversations
- Formulate a learning contract for developing skills as a supervisor
How will I learn?
Face to face learning