Supervision in the Workplace
Wednesday 18 July 2018, 9:30am - 12:30pm
Leadership, Innovation and Service Improvement, Nursing, Medicine, Midwifery, Allied Health Professionals, Ambulance Service, Operating Department, Health and Social Care
Leadership, Service Improvement and Innovation
Unaccredited Short Course
This half-day course will explore the day-to-day supervision of colleagues in the NHS context. It will discuss why good supervision is important for high quality care, including how to have difficult conversations and manage performance.
What will I learn?At the end of the day attendees will be able to:
- Describe the difference between management, mentoring, coaching and supervision
- Articulate the importance of effective supervision and performance management within the NHS Leadership Model and the NHS Five Year Forward View
- Be aware of the steps required to manage performance
- Identify ways to manage difficult conversations
- Formulate a learning contract for developing their skills as a supervisor
How will I learn?
Face to face learning
Debbie Harrison email@example.com