Pathophysiology - Nature & Nuture (Level 7)
Friday 20 April 2018 - Friday 25 May 2018
Nursing, Midwifery, Allied Health Professionals, Ambulance Service, Operating Department, Health and Social Care
Long Term Conditions, Palliative & End of Life Care
This module utilises the scientific knowledge base of the human genomic and proteonomic projects to understand the basis of clinical knowledge. It provides a nature-nurture template to the understanding of a person's position on the health/illness continuum. The template is used to deepen the practitioner's understanding of the principles of the healthcare process.
What will I learn?
The module aims to facilitate the development of a practitioner who:
* is critically aware of the limitations in providing 'holistic' care based upon contemporary scientific and clinical knowledge base;
* can articulate and provide written evidence which demonstrates the ability to appraise, critically, academic material/literature in an intelligent and original way;
* can synthesise ideas and demonstrate knowledge base, which explores the boundaries of current thinking;
* can hypothesise future advances in healthcare
How will I learn?
Face to Face learning
20,27 April 2018
* Please be advised that course dates and timings may change
Laura Ginesi L.Ginesi@uea.ac.uk