Managing Yourself and Leading Others (Level 6)
Wednesday 27 September 2017 - Wednesday 13 December 2017
Nursing, Allied Health Professionals, Ambulance Service, Operating Department
Leadership, Service improvement and innovation
The aim of this module is to support practitioners to develop a critical understanding of efficient and effective leadership in order to manage yourself and lead others. The overall objective of the module is to empower them to lead innovative change and organizational development through the fostering of a sense of shared sense of leadership and responsibility for the success of the organization and the development of quality services.
What will I learn?
By the end of this module you will be able to demonstrate:
• Emerging personal leadership qualities and integrity
• Insightful critical reflection and self-assessment of how personal values, beliefs, qualities and interests influence affect others (reflexivity)
• Effective self-assessment and self-management
• Critical analysis and evaluation of personal/professional and leadership capabilities though reflection on feedback from a range of sources
• Expertise in working with others developing and maintaining effective networks and relationships
• Effective participation in a range of leadership and learning activities which are effectively evidenced
• Evaluation of own development and that of others
How will I learn?
Face to Face learning
27 September 2017
*Please be advised that course dates and timings may change
Jackie Phipps Jacqueline.Phipps@uea.ac.uk