Managing Services (Level 6)
Nursing, Ambulance Service, Operating Department, Health and Social Care
May 2019 TBC
Leadership, Service improvement and innovation
Do you want to develop your management and leadership capacity and capability in order to improve healthcare? On this module you will explore how to minimise waste and accurately identify the appropriate type and level of resources required to deliver safe and effective services. You will also develop creative and innovative evidence-based management and leadership approaches to managing the business of healthcare, improving service performance and affecting change. This module will support your understanding as a healthcare practitioner, helping you to apply the principles of strategic planning to manage the business of healthcare.
Is this course for me?
3rd in a suite of core modules for the BA (Hons)Leading Innovation for Clinical Practitioners programme.
What will I learn?
By the end of the module students will be able to:
• Critically evaluate the underpinning theories of strategic management
• Use a systematic strategic approach to project management
• Critically evaluate the underpinning theories, concepts and models of human resource management
• Critically analyse the processes for efficient and effective human resource planning and management
• Critically analyse the necessity for appropriate efficient and effective human resource support mechanisms for employees
• Critically evaluate the underpinning theories, concepts and models of financing and budgeting
• Critically analyse the processes for efficient and effective financial and budget planning and management
• Critically analyse the necessity for appropriate efficient and effective financial and budget planning and management
• Use a systematic approach to critically evaluate the availability of current human and financial resources within the service.
• Critically evaluate organisational performance issues related to human resource and finance management within the service
• Using a systematic approach to strategic planning , critically analyse efficient and effective target and goal setting related to human and financial resources, taking account of individual need and the wider context of service delivery
• Critically evaluate and use appropriate tools for assessing risks and benefits when assessing current service and planning new services
• Critically analyse the leadership role in facilitating transformational change.
How will I learn?
Face to Face learning
To be confirmed
Jackie Phipps Jacqueline.Phipps@uea.ac.uk