Most information for new and current students can be found in the Science Student Zone, which is accessed through Blackboard. Student timetables can be found on eVision and course material for modules currently being taken can be found on Blackboard. Other information about policies, procedures and resources at UEA can be found on the websites of the Student Support Service, the Learning and Teaching Service, and the Careers Service. Current postgraduate research (PhD, MPhil and MSc by Research) students can find relevant information from the Science Graduate School.
The following links provide further information specific to students studying mathematics courses:
New Maths Students
- General Information for New UEA Students
- Induction Information and Timetable for New MTH Undergraduates
- University Student Handbook (Taught Programmes) (2017/18)
Help and Support
Advice, support and other help for current MTH students is available from a variety of sources within the university, covering both academic and pastoral issues:
- Your Academic Adviser, via email or during their Office Hours (See the SCI Student Zone on Blackboard);
- The Lecturer(s) for each module, during their Office Hours (See the SCI Student Zone on Blackboard);
- The MTH Senior Adviser (Dr Jonathan Kirby) and their Deputy (Sonia Melendi-Espina);
- The Student Support Service (formerly known as the Dean of Students' Office);
- The UEA Medical Centre;
- The UEA Multifaith Centre.
Course and Module Information
Staff–Student Liaison Committee
The School of Mathematics Staff–Student Liaison Committee meets each semester to consider issues of importance to students. All students are invited to attend. Further information and notes from previous meetings can be found at the link below.
Note: For this link to work, you must be a staff member or student on an MTH module, and already be logged in to Blackboard.