2014 EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellowships
The prestigious EPSRC Doctoral Prize Fellowships scheme aims to develop and assist the very best EPSRC-funded students to launch a successful career in research following the end of their PhD. The successful applicant will have a 12-month appointment to undertake significant new research under the mentorship of a selected member of the UEA academic staff. Within pure mathematics, the following potential supervisors are available:
- Prof. Mirna Dzamonja -- The theory of better quasi orders and its applications in computer sciences.
- Prof. Shaun Stevens -- Interactions of number theory and representation theory.
- Dr Vanessa Miemietz -- Representation theory and Homological Algebra.
- Dr Jonathan Kirby -- Model theoretic stability and analytic functions.
- Dr Sinead Lyle -- Representations of algebras with connections to the symmetric groups.
- Prof. David Evans -- Geometry of independence in stability theory and its generalisations.
Within applied mathemtics, the following potential supervisors are available:
- Dr Mark Blyth -- Solitary waves on ferrofluid jets
- Dr Richard Purvis -- Droplet impact onto elastic substrates.
- Dr Hayder Salman -- Superfluid turbulence in atomic Bose-Einstein condensates.
- Dr Davide Proment -- Topological defects in superfluids.