IT Support is the delivery of IT and AV Support Services for Faculties and Administrative Departments.
Faculty IT Support Managers and the technician support teams are based locally within Faculties and Administrative Departments and are responsible for all standard IT and AV support provision as follows:
- IT procurement and liaison with IT suppliers.
- Hardware (PCs, peripherals and AV equipment) installation, set up and support.
- Hardware fault diagnosis and replacement of faulty components.
- Software installation and upgrades.
- Provide basic advice on use of hardware and software, including Microsoft Office, email, filestore and Blackboard.
- Investigation and advice on appropriate specialist technological solutions to meet user requirements (complex enquiries may require referral to the Research and Specialist Computing Support team).
- Initial support for the creation and development of web sites (complex requirements may require referral to the Web Team).
Emergency AV support
- If immediate support is required while a lecture or event is taking place, please call #2345. Your request will be answered by an IT Support technician who will assist you with your problem.
- ISD provides projection equipment within all centrally bookable teaching spaces. The exceptions are Nelson Court and Constable Terrace which are student common rooms where we are not able to permanently install equipment. It is the responsibility of all schools and departments to provide portable equipment to support teaching or meetings in Nelson Court, Constable Terrace and any other locations. Requests for equipment from staff should be made to their department, school or via the Learning and Teaching Service if appropriate. Requests should not be made via the IT Helpdesk or IT Support team.
Teaching space support
- Maintain and support IT equipment in teaching rooms.
- Demonstrating and supporting users with the use of IT equipment in teaching spaces.
Contacting IT Support
Staff can access IT Support via the IT Helpdesk (extension 2345, Contact Helpdesk
). IT Support staff will also respond to requests made in person and we have technicians based in Arts 1.06, EDU 0.113, Queens 2.17, ECB 0.07 and ITCS.
If you would like to discuss and IT Support issue please contact your IT Support Manager who will be able to assist with any queries you may have;
SSF, HUM and all Central Departments (excluding REN, ARM and Estates): Contact Keith Porter
FMH, SCI, REN, ARM and Estates: Contact Malcolm Rae