From Here to Hired: Preparing for the 2015 graduate jobs market
There will be massive opportunities for UEA students graduating next year (2015), with the graduate recruitment market getting stronger and stronger. However, many companies will be starting to recruit their 2015 intake as soon as the 2014 Autumn term starts.
To help you navigate and prepare for the graduate recruitment market, the Careers Service is putting on a special afternoon of interactive workshops exclusively for students who will be graduating in 2015. We don't want students missing out on the job they want by not being ready. Instead, we want our students to gain a real advantage by using their time now and over the summer to think and plan, and then hit the ground running in September.
The workshops will take place on the afternoon of Friday 6th June from 13.00 and will include:
- An overview of how the graduate jobs market works and what employers are looking for
- Advice from this year’s graduates and recent graduates on their experiences
- Details of the major graduate employers, their deadlines, and their processes
- Insider insights into what you might face when you apply for graduate schemes
- Tips on how to make the most of your summer
- Tips on how to research and search for jobs within different sectors
- Help in starting to establish what it is you want to do, even if you’re not sure now
Places are limited, so if you are interested in attending please book now at: https://mycareercentral.uea.ac.uk/students/events/detail/47973/preparing-for-2015-graduate-jo