£38,522 to £44,607 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced researcher to take on a senior research role within the Rehabilitation Research Group in the School of Allied Health Professions at the University of East Anglia.
Working under the direction of Professor Catherine Sackley and within the Rehabilitation Research Group, your main responsibilities will be to take a leading role in:
- The design, analysis and reporting on a range of clinical trials which currently comprise the rehabilitation portfolio, with particular focus on developing, preparing and writing up analyses of complex datasets for these studies.
- The development and submission of research grant funding applications to a range of awarding bodies including the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) funding programmes.
- Publication writing for peer-reviewed journals and preparing and giving presentations at national and international conference level and;
- Providing supervision and leadership to other research staff within the Rehabilitation Group.
The postholder will have a PhD or equivalent experience in a discipline related to health or biological sciences, psychology or other related field, and experience designing and or conducting clinical trials. Experience in primary care rehabilitation for adults with neurological, vascular and musculoskeletal conditions is desirable but not essential.
This post will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date: 12 noon on 12 July 2013
Criminal Record Check:
Request for Disclosure
Further particulars and an application form can be obtained from the links below or by calling 01603 593493.
Job Description in PDF format
Guidelines for Candidates
Guide to working at UEA and living in the surrounding area
Application Form in Word format
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form in Word format
Application Form in PDF format
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form in PDF format
The Application Form:
- can be downloaded in Word format to be completed electronically, then saved and sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- can be downloaded in Word format to be completed electronically, then printed and posted to the Human Resources Division, University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, or
- can be downloaded in PDF format and printed to be completed by hand and returned by post to the Human Resources Division at the address shown above.
- Please note that an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form must be completed and returned with ALL applications, whether submitted by post or email. If submitted by email, the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form must be sent as a separate document/attachment to the Application Form.
- The Equal Opportunities Form will be detached from the received application before short-listing takes place and will not form any part of either the short-listing or decision making process.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF documents and if necessary can be obtained free from the Adobe website.