For guidance on how to conduct a legally compliant right to work check please refer to the UEA Procedure on How to Conduct a Right to Work Check along with the Approved List of Documents to Verify Entitlement to Work in the UK.  

If you wish to facilitate a business, research or academic visit for a non-EEA national under a Visitor Visa please refer to the Invitation and Visa Process for Business, Academic and Research Visitors and if you wish to facilitate a Tier 5 visa for a Sponsored Researcher or Fellow please complete Tier 5 Request Sheet.  

Recruiting managers needing to facilitate sponsorship of vacancies under a Tier 2 visa should complete the Tier 2 Request Sheet

Visa Costs: Reimbursement and Loans Policy

If you’re a European Union (EU) citizen living in the UK, you and your family need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme if you want to continue living here after 31 December 2020. Information on the EU Settlement Scheme (July 2018) 

Please contact HR if you require any guidance and support relating to immigration compliance and UKVI processes for UEA staff, sponsored researchers, non-student visitors or Tier 4 workers.