DEV Key Contact: Mark Zeitoun
Project Dates: 2011 - 2012
Project Status: Complete
Funder: Association of the Friends of Ibrahim Abd el Al
The study establishes the hydrological and political baseline of the Upper Jordan River tributaries. The historic and current record of control and use of the flows is asymmetric in the extreme, and interpreted to perpetuate the water conflict between Lebanon, Syria and Israel.
- Zeitoun, Eid-Sabbagh, Dajani and Talhami (2012) Hydro-political Baseline of the Upper Jordan River. Beirut, Association of the Friends of Ibrahim Abd el Al.
- Executive Summary in Arabic
- Mark Zeitoun
- Muna Dajani
- UEA Water Security Research Centre
- Karim Eid-Sabbagh (SOAS)
- Michael Talhami (Independent)
- London Water Research Group
- IDS water justice programme