Here at UEA we have a number of existing networks for staff, such as:
- DeCere - for researchers in diversity, focusing on careers and employment
- Disabled Staff Network - for any member of staff who is disabled
- UEA Staff Pride! - for any member of staff who is lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans
- Parents and Carers at Work- a new group for anyone balancing family life or caring needs with work
- Resnet - support and information network for women working in research
We are also currently setting up a number of networks for staff that offer the opportunity to be actively involved in and explore diversity issues and to influence decision making. The networks are also about meeting other people around the University who may share the same views - or view the same issues from a
different angle - and offer the chance to talk, discuss and exchange information.
In particular, we're interested in hearing from staff with experiences, or views, on any of the following areas:
There is nothing formal in place at the moment although a number of people have put their names forward - we are in the process of getting the networks off the ground and the form these groups take will depend on the views and preferences of those who get involved. For example, one group may prefer to communicate via a Blackboard forum, another to meet at regular intervals, another a combination of both. As things develop these pages will be updated to reflect progress.
If you would like to get involved or just find out more, please contact Helen Murdoch
, Equality and Diversity Manager
. All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence