- Honours Degree in Psychosocial Studies (UEA)
- MA in International Development and Business (UEA)
- Effects of pre-registration IPL on students’ attitudes towards various healthcare professionals
- Facilitators' perceptions and experiences of facilitating IPL
- Impact of IPL on interprofessional teamworking
- Impact of IPL on patient care
After graduating from UEA in 2003 I worked for Waveney Primary Care Trust in Health Promotion and Public Health, where I gained experience of working with the public and with healthcare professionals and learnt valuable teamworking and leadership skills. In 2005 I joined the Centre for Interprofessional Practice and have developed skills in facilitating groups of interprofessional students, developing and delivering two levels of the IPL programme (IPL1 and IPL4) for pre-registrations students and building my own research skills. More recently I have been involved in delivering a post-registration programme around change management to clinical teams, and intend to further my involvement and engagement with practicing teams.
Key Research Interests
I have recently undertaken focus group interviews with facilitators of uni-professional and multiprofessional groups of students to explore their perceptions and experiences of working with these groups and to establish the similarities and differences.
Freeman S, Wright A & Lindqvist S. 'Facilitator Training for Educators involved in Interprofessional Learning'. Journal of Interprofessional Care, July 2010; 24(4): 375-385.
- Facilitator for the undergraduate interprofessional student programmes in Year 1 (IPL1), Year 2 (IPL2) and final year (IPL4)
- Briefing of service users and practitioners for IPL4 (half-day topic-based workshop for final year students)
- Training facilitators to support the IPL programme
- Delivering the post-registration programme
External Activities and Indicators of Esteem
- Affiliate member of the Education in Health Research Institute at UEA.
- My main administrative role is coordinator of the first and fourth levels of the IPL programme.