Finding the right path can be tricky, that's why our team of professional careers advisers are trained to support you, whether it is discussing your options, overcoming obstacles to progress, presenting yourself to employers or finding opportunities.
Advice and Guidance appointments
Chat to a friendly team member who can help you book an appointment. We will ask you a few questions to find out more about your requirements, and will tell you about our appointments to ensure you are directed to the service that is most appropriate for your needs. You can chat to a team member on MyCareerCentral via the chat box in the bottom right-hand corner.
We offer three main types of appointment
- 15 minute appointments bookable online and via email.
- We offer a limited number of pre-bookings (up to five working days in advance) as well as same day bookings Monday-Friday. At busy times we advise that you email us as close to 9am as possible for the best choice of on the day appointments.
- After a quick query you may be referred for a longer guidance appointment if necessary.
- 45 minutes in duration and bookable in advance.
- Careers guidance appointments provide opportunity for more substantial reflection and to discuss particular circumstances, issues or ideas in greater depth. The aim is to give more clarity options, situations or decisions so that action can be taken.
- You will normally be booked in to see the careers adviser assigned to your school.
- Up to one hour in duration and bookable in advance. Mock interviews offer the chance to practise interview technique and get feedback on performance before an actual interview.
- The careers adviser will agree with you areas of focus and will ask a series of interview questions. Feedback will then be given on topics such as how you answered the questions, length of answer, tone of voice and body language.
- If you are invited to interview at short notice (e.g. one or two days in advance) we will try to accommodate you but we cannot guarantee it.