The Grow It award, supported by the UEA Enterprise Fund, will make grants available of up to £7,500 for social/commercial ventures looking to become either commercially sustainable or investment ready.
The next funding deadline for the Grow It scheme is 5pm Monday 13 November 2017.
The Grow It award is available to all current students and those who have graduated in the last three years.
For this scheme you will need to submit:
- A business plan not exceeding 20 pages
- A 2 minute video pitch
- A 2 page executive summary
All applications are made via our online application form
These applications will be assessed, and those which meet both the investment criteria and the required standard will then be invited to pitch to the investment committee.
- The business plan should demonstrate how the funding will make a significant difference to the development of the company. In particular, the plan should display how the funding will enable the company to become self-sustaining, through either revenue generation or further investment to be raised.
- We expect all applications to show that they have validated any core assumptions and tested the business model in some way.
- The project must be legal and not detrimental to the reputation of the university.
- Applicants will be expected to have engaged significantly with the Student Enterprise team prior to submission. For example, through one-to-one coaching, start-up mentoring and by attending workshops.
- Please note, that while anyone eligible for the funding may apply for these schemes, any applications will be at an advantage if funding has already been secured from either the ‘Try It’ or the ‘Do It’ schemes.
For further information about the Grow It award, you can get in touch with the Student Enterprise team by dropping into EnterpriseCentral, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01603 592142