Advice and Guidance appointments
The Careers & Employability Enquiry Desk is staffed by Initial Client Contact Officers who are part of our team of professional Careers Advisers. Don’t be surprised if they ask you a few questions. They will find out more about your requirements and will explain about our appointments to ensure you are directed to the service that is most appropriate for your needs.
We offer three main types of appointment
To book an appointment either drop in to see us or phone our Enquiry Desk on 01603 593452. You can also email us at email@example.com
We are open Monday to Friday 9.00 – 17.00 (10.15 – 17.00 on Wednesdays).
For more information and frequently asked questions about careers guidance click here (pdf)
- 15 minute appointments bookable on the day.
- Available every weekday during term time between 11am-4pm and most afternoons during vacation.
- Quick queries deal with a range of topics including where to begin with careers, CV or application feedback, finding work, further study and interviews.
- After a quick query you may referred for a longer guidance appointment if necessary.
- 45 minute in duration and bookable in advance.
- Careers guidance appointments provide opportunity for more substantial reflection and to discuss particular circumstances, issues or ideas in greater depth. The aim is to give more clarity options, situations or decisions so that action can be taken.
- You will normally be booked in to see the Careers Adviser assigned to your school.
- Up to one hour in duration and bookable in advance.
- Mock interviews offer the chance to practise interview technique and get feedback on performance before an actual interview.
- The Careers Adviser will agree with you areas of focus and will ask a series of interview questions. Feedback will then be given on topics such as how you answered the questions, length of answer, tone of voice and body language.
- We usually use a video recorder to record your interview. This is not mandatory but we strongly recommend it as a learning tool to develop your interview technique.
- If you are invited to interview at short notice (e.g. 1 or 2 days in advance) we will try to accommodate you but we cannot guarantee it.